Publications by Equity Alliance Scholars & Affiliates
- Artiles, A. J., Dorn, S., & Bal, A. (2016). Objects of protection, enduring nodes of difference: Disability intersections with “other” differences, 1916 – 2016. Review of Research in Education, 40, 777-820.
- Gonzalez, T., Hernandez-Saca, D., & Artiles, A. J. (2016). In search of voice: Theory and methods in K-12 student voice research in the U.S., 1990-2010. Educational Review, 1-23. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00131911.2016.1231661
- Waitoller, F., & Artiles, A. J. (2016). Teacher learning as curating: Becoming inclusive educators in school/university partnerships. Teaching and Teacher Education, 59, 360-371. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.2016.07.007.
- Artiles, A. J., & Kozleski, E. B. (2016). Inclusive education’s promises and trajectories: Critical notes about future research on a venerable idea. Educational Policy Analysis Archives, 24(43). http://dx.doi.org/10.14507/epaa.24.1919
- Waitoller, F. R., & Kozleski, E. B. (2015). No stone left unturned: The emergence of New Capitalism in inclusive education reform. Education and Policy Analysis Archives, 23(18).
- Skiba, R., Artiles, A. J., Kozleski, E. B., Losen, D., & Harry, B. (2016). Risks and consequences of over simplifying educational inequities: A response to Morgan et al. (2015). Educational Researcher, 45, 221-225.
- Gonzalez, T., & Artiles, A. J. (2015). Reframing venerable standpoints about language and learning differences: The need for research on the literate lives of Latina/o language minority students. The Journal of Multilingual Educational Research, 6, 9-34.
- Artiles, A. J. (2015). Beyond responsiveness to identity badges: Future research on culture in disability and implications for RTI. Educational Review, 67(1), 1-22.
- Sullivan, A. L., Artiles, A. J., & Hernandez-Saca, D. (2015). Addressing special education inequity through systemic change: Contributions of ecologically based organizational consultation. Journal of Educational and Psychological Consultation, 25, 1-19.
- Tefera, A., Gonzalez, T., & Artiles, A. J. (in press). Challenges to policy as a tool for educational equity: The case of language and ability difference intersections. In P. Portes & S. Salas (Eds.), Latinization and K-12 communities: National perspectives on regional change. Albany, NY: SUNY Press.
- Engelbrecht, P., & Artiles, A. J. (2016). Inclusive Education: Contextualizing the history of a global movement. In R. Werning, A. J. Artiles, P. Engelbrecht, M. Z. Caballeros, M. Hummel, & A. Rothe (Eds.), Keeping the promise? Contextualizing inclusive education in developing countries (pp. 15-28). Bad Heilbrunn: Klinkhardt.
- Kozleski, E. B., & Artiles, A. J. (2015). Mediating systemic change in educational systems through socio-cultural methods. P. Smeyers, D. Bridges, N. Burbules, & M. Griffiths (Eds.), International handbook of interpretation in educational research (pp. 805-822). New York: Springer.
- Gonzalez, T., Tefera, A., & Artiles, A. J. (2015). The intersections of language and learning disabilities: Narratives in action. In M. Bigelow & J. Ennser-Kananen (Eds.), Handbook of educational linguistics (pp. 145-157). New York: Routledge.
- Tefera, A., King Thorius, K., & Artiles, A. J. (2014). Teacher learning for diversity: Implications for the racialization of disabilities. In R. Milner & K. Lomotey (Eds.), Handbook of urban education (pp. 256-270). New York: Routledge.
- Diaz, S. A. & Artiles, A.J. (2017, April). Classroom ecological spaces, decisions, and ELL RTI
participants: A microanalysis of teacher and student interactions. Poster presentation at the Council for Exceptional Children’s National Conference: Boston, MA.
- Diaz, S. A. Gonzalez, T., Kilinc, T. (2017, April). The Role of Research Activity in Advancing
Culturally Responsive Intervention Systems for Diverse Learners. Roundtable session at the American Educational Researcher Association: San Antonio, TX.
- Kramarczuk Voulgarides, C., Tefera, A., Diaz, S. A., Artiles, A. J., Jackson, L., Aylward, A.
(2017, April). Assuring Equal Opportunity and Access Through Policy: Is the Promise Enough? Examining Persistent Racial Inequities in Special Education. Roundtable session at the American Educational Researcher Association: San Antonio, TX.
- Tefera, A., Kramarczuk Voulgarides, C., Artiles, A. J., Diaz, S. A., Jackson, L., Aylward, A. (2017, April). Betwixt & Between: Students of Color with Disabilities & the Paradox of Equity in Educational Policy Roundtable session at the American Educational Researcher Association: San Antonio, TX.